Sweetie Pie's Sangria Summer! Part 3: Glamour Girl's Sparkling Peach Basil Sangria
Hello my thirsty darlings!
Part 3 of my Sangria Recipe Series is even more fabulous than the last two, probably because it's sparkling! It also requires a little more preparation, but the result is oh-so sophisticated and refreshing - I promise it's worth the extra effort!
Here are some quick links to Part 1 & 2. Check em out!
Glamour Girl's Sparkling Peach-Basil Sangria
- 1 bottle Glamour Girl Sparkling White Wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups peach nectar
- 1 cup strawberries, covered in sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
Here's what you do:
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, basil leaves, half peach nectar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer. Crush basil leaves with back of spoon to release flavor. Cook until sugar is melted. Remove from heat.
- Strain basil mixture into a pitcher filled with ice cubes.
- Pour in sparkling wine, remaining peach nectar and strawberries.
- Stir briefly and serve!
Have any recommendations to make this Sangria even better? Let me know!
Posted on 08/15/2012 6:00 AM by Sweetie Pie