Hello hello my darings! I have a rather delicious post for you this week. Who likes polenta!? Well it doesn't matter if you dislike it because I looooove it and I'm going to serve you up a tasty recipe. And here is the good news: it will pair perfectly with Drama Queen's Pinot Grigio! Ok middlesisters, preheat your ovens to 375 degrees F, pour yourselves a glass of wine and listen up!
Pleasurable Pesto Polenta
- 1 (18 oz.) package of polenta, cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 1/2 (24 oz.) jar of bottled marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and oil an 11 x 7 x 2 in. baking dish.
- Take a sip of my Pinot.
- Arrange a single layer of polenta in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread a thin layer of pesto over the polenta.
- Spread half of the marinara sauce over the polenta and top with another layer of polenta and sauce. Don't be afraid to pile on the sauce, it is delicious.
- Take a sip of wine!
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. And here is the fun part: turn on the broiler! Top the polenta with mozzarella cheese and pine nuts. Broil until cheese browns and nuts are toasted.
I served this dish last night at my annual Happy Holidays dinner party and everyone loved it! My upper east side apartment was filled with full tummys, mildly intoxicated brains and excited smiles. I love the holidays! Enjoy this recipe darlings and please share your thoughts. Do you have any tasty recipes to pair with my Pinot? I'd love to hear them!